Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Soup

I made this soup this week, I'm in a healthy cooking group and it was my week to pick a recipe. I served this at our Oscars Party and I'm making it again tonight because I wanted 2nds and there was none. :)  I omitted the beans and green chilies because I was out. It will still be so yummy. Can't wait for dinner! Enjoy!

5 Chicken Breast
1 med chopped onion
1 can fat free cream of celery soup
1 can of water
1 can mexican style tomatoes with pepers
1 can rotel mild
1 can mexican style corn
1 can of black beans
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can of diced chopped green chilies mild
1 block of fat free or 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese (could sub with greek yogurt)

-Place chicken in crockpot/slowcooker
-add all ingredients on top, except the cream cheese and cook for 6 hours.
-add the cream cheese diced up and stir in the last hour and stir a few times and let it melt into the soup.
-take chicken out and shread or cut in to chuncks and put back in to pot.
-Serve with toppings....quacamole, cheese and greek yogurt. My kids like it with tortilla chips too.

Cal 185 Carb 14 Fat 6 Protein 15 Sugar 3


No comments:

Post a Comment