I want to try this. :)
This is from: http://www.branappetit.com/2012/09/07/no-mayo-pimiento-cheese/#
The changes I might would make are in Purple.
No Mayo Pimiento Cheese
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1 and 1/2 cups colby jack (or cheddar) cheese, shredded (2%)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (greek)
- 1 oz. pimientos
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- I might would add a little bit of sweet and Spicy jalapenos for a kick. ;)
- Shred the cheese and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the yogurt, pimientos, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- Spread onto bread for a sandwich, dollop it on crackers, or plop it on a burger. It’s also good on a spoon.