I added a jar of spaghetti sauce to this and used my hand blender to blend up the sauce and ingredients well. I also added cheddar Cheese to the top. It was yummy and the kids didn't notice there was no real noodles. :) Yay!
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place both halves cut side down in a baking dish in a half inch of water. Bake squash for 40-50 minutes, until the skin can be easily pierced with a knife.
3. Remove from oven and allow squash to cool a bit, then use a fork to remove the flesh. Place in a colander to drain.
4. Heat oil in a large pan and saute the onion until golden.
5. Add the celery and garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
6. Add the beef and lightly brown, stirring frequently.
7. Add the tomatoes, pepper, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and all of the herbs/spices. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the liquid reduces.
8. Stir in the parmesan. Taste, and adjust seasonings if required.
9. Turn off the heat and mix about 2 cups of the spaghetti squash into the pan.
10. Pour the meat/spaghetti squash mixture into an oven-proof lasagne or casserole dish.
11. Spread about another cup of the remaining spaghetti squash over the top of the meat and sprinkle with grated cheese.
13. Bake in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
14. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. Serve sprinkled with some extra parmesan cheese (optional)